Tuesday, December 20, 2011

If I Didn't Have A Dog...Or Cat......


 
  
If I Didn't Have A Dog...Or Cat......

I could walk barefoot around the yard in safety. 




My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and 
laminated. 

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would 
be hair-free. 





When the doorbell rings, my home wouldn't sound 
like a kennel. 





When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without 
wading through all the fuzzy bodies who beat me there. 


I could sit on the couch and my bed any way I wanted, 
without having to take into consideration how much 
space several fur bodies need to get comfortable. 




I would have enough money, and no guilt, to go on 
a real vacation.

I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, 
as I put their yet unborn grandkids through college. 






The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: 

"out," "sit,"
 "down", "come," "no," "stay," 
and "leave it ALONE. 


My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates and makeshift barriers.






I would not talk 'baby talk'.  'Eat your din din'.  'Yummy 
yummy for the
 tummy'.. 

My house would not look like a day care center, with toys everywhere. 






My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats 
and an extra
 leash. 





I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L, 
W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, O-U-T, G-O, R-I-D-E,
 S-U-P-P-E-R, 
And C-O-O-K-I-E.
 
I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as 
outside. 






I would not look strangely at people who think having 
ONE dog/cat ties them down too much. 
 





I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead 
of dreading them as 'mud' season. 

I would not have to answer the question: 'Why do you 
have so many animals?' from
 people who will never know the joy of being loved unconditionally by the closest thing 
to an angel they will ever encounter
. 

How EMPTY my life would be!!!

2 comments:

Re said...

What a lovely post! I am a pet owner, of 2 tomcats, a guinea-pig, a hamster, and 2 bearded dragons, all of which this applies to! I love this post. BTW, i have you listed on Blogs i visit over at my own blog, Furless Fairies Dezines. Wonderful blogging :)

Karen Lewis said...

Absolutely spot on! We started the year as a 3 cat family, but sadly finish as a 2 cat one, but I don't think I could ever live without some feline companions sharing our lives. :-)